Tuesday, November 03, 2015

The discrete state of streaming media

The  content for TV and online streaming services is at its epitome - right from quality of production to the writing, acting and scale. Streaming was supposed to be the answer to a customer's dilemma of traversing the confusing world of cable and satellite television. Watch any content on demand! Netflix and Chill!

However - here is what i need to do to get my fix of tv:

Use netflix for House of Cards, Amazon Prime for Man in the High Castle,  Sky for Game of Thrones and FreeView for Big Bang Theory. A new Star Trek series is launching and its going to be exclusive to the new "CBS All Access" streaming service. To make things even more complicated, when I travel, my services cannot guarantee access to my programs, since their licensing terms are geo specific.

Essentially, each streaming service is becoming a channel for me to get my dose of television, I will need to buy access to all these channels. How is this any different from where we were in the beginning?

How many streaming services will i need to subscribe to?


No comments: