Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yet another electronic device

Source /.

"The Sony Reader, which debuted at CES in January, is now available for purchase on the Sony website. The six inch screen uses E Ink, rather than an LCD, to display the text, reducing strain on the eye while reading. While you can buy books on Sony's Connect site, you can also load eBooks and other text onto the Reader in a variety of formats, including PDF and TXT files. It also comes with the ability to receive newsfeeds, display JPG images, and can play unsecured MP3 and AAC music files. Additional information can also be found on the Learning Center site."

When I leave home, I pick up my mobile phone, my Mp3 player, my digital camera, my personal media player, my portable gaming system and oh yipeee, now I get to carry a Reader. Now, all I need is a Segway to carry me, coz will all these gizmos, I sure cannot carry myself.

1 comment:

De said...

That's why I love convergence and miniaturization so much. Here's what I normally used to carry around:
-Digital Cam
-Mobile phone
-MP3 player (doubles as a card reader for the phone and camera, radio recorder, dictaphone and pendrive)
-two rechargeable AAA cells (for the MP3 player)
I heard about the N91 that was due to be released in "second quarter" of 04 and thought I'd wait for it to be released to get all those features in one device (add games to boot - I already had some nifty ones for my 6600 in Dec '03 which I was also using as a remote control for winamp on my comp at the time).

The N91 was launched "slightly" late - April of 06. I bought mine 2 days after the launch for 34K. They cost 20K now for the 8GB version. The camera stinks, the phone crashes quite regularly and none of the old software works on this "new release of Symbian", so here's what I carry around now:
-Digital Cam
-Mobile phone
-MP3 player (doubles as a card reader for the phone and camera, radio recorder, dictaphone and pendrive)
-two rechargeable AAA cells (for the MP3 player)
-Other Mobile phone loaded with 3Gig of music
-Bluetooth headset
-charging bay for bluetooth headset
and I still miss my games...

It seems convergence ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Waiting for Sony Ericcson to launch a good phone with all the features I want then it's no more Nokia for me :)

On the good side, I can read most eBooks on this device - erm... as soon as the readers development's done.